Why is it important to see your pediatrician?
If you have put off doctor visits during the COVID-19 pandemic, now is a good time to visit your Kids First pediatrician and get caught up. Children and teens need regular checkups with their doctor to make sure their development is on track, to talk about nutrition and behavior, and to get the vaccines they need to stay healthy.
In addition to recommended immunizations, don’t forget about these other reasons why your child should visit the pediatrician’s office:
- Newborn visits after having a baby
- Adolescent health concerns, such as menstrual care and depression screenings
- Physical examinations before returning to sports or other health activities
- Athletes who have had COVID-19 also should get guidance and clearance from the pediatrician before returning to play.
- Hearing and vision screenings
- To monitor growth, blood pressure, and other vital signs
- To check labs
- To check developmental milestones
- To treat infections or injuries
Kids Firsts Safety Protocols
At Kids First Pediatrics, your child’s health and safety is our top priority. As we see well- patients, we continue to take every precaution to safeguard your child’s health. No matter when you need us, we will safely guide you and your family to the right pediatric care.
Our enhanced cleaning, additional protocols, and Telehealth options mean you can take comfort in bringing your children to us for the care they need. We feel strongly that you should never have to put your child’s healthcare on hold.
- We are requiring everyone, patients, parents & staff, to wear a mask to their appointments or anytime they come into our offices. *children under the age of 2 do not need to wear a mask
- To promote social distancing, we ask that all patients be accompanied by only one parent or guardian.
- There will be no waiting in our lobby. Once you arrive, you and your child will be escorted directly to a treatment room.
- We are doing sick-visits via Telehealth. Once your child is seen virtually, the provider will make a decision on appropriate next-steps.
- We continue to exercise the highest standards of cleaning before and after every appointment.
It is SAFE and necessary for your children to be seen by a pediatrician. If your child is behind on care, please call us.
Kids First Raleigh: 919-250-3478, Kids First Clayton: 919-267-1499.