For many Kids First families, kids are about to head back into the classroom. Together with the American Academy of Pediatrics, we want to offer some tips to help families send their kids safely to school.
- All children should be up to date on vaccinations. If you are not sure what vaccines your children need, call the Kids First office: 919-250-3478
- Remind children to socially distance, when possible.
- Provide cloth face coverings for your children. Label them so they are not confused with another childs. Practice putting on and taking off masks with your child.
- Remind your child that they should clean their hands before and after touching their mask
- Keep your children home from school if they show any signs of illness. Make sure that the school has an updated list of emergency contacts. Call Kids First pediatrics to discuss symptoms and next steps. We are are still offering telehealth visits for certain appointments: 919-250-3478
We know that returning to school during COVID-19 may not feel like normal- at least for a while. But we want you to know that the entire Kids First team is here to help support you and your children. Let’s make 2020/2012 healthy, safe, and equitable for students, teachers, staff, and families.